Sangi who blogs at Life and Times in Bangalore nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Now, when someone who inspires you with her actions almost everyday nominates you for such an award, it does make you feel elated (and also a little shy!) Thank you so much, Sangi! 🙂
The rules for the nominees are:
Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
List the rules and display the award.
Share seven facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Given that this blog has turned into a narcissist’s ramble house already, I have no clue what’s new to write about me. But, being a narcissist, I shall try! 🙂
1. If I survive to see my old age, I’d like to travel around all those ancient temples in and around Tamil Nadu and soak in the spiritual splendor and artistic grandeur. And, the first in my list is the Srivilliputhur Andaal temple.
2. I realize I have become an amnesiac as far as events that happened before I delivered the kids. I only have a blurred trail of things that happened earlier than that.
3. I’ve been following the ‘Rajandra Chola 1000’ event; that is the 1000th year commemoration of Rajendra’s ascension to throne and my fascination for the Chola dynasty keeps growing as much as I read about them. It’s a pity that I haven’t visited Gangai Konda Cholapuram yet; need to make amends soon.
4. I don’t get intimidated by money or beauty. But, one thing that I get really really intimidated by is knowledge.
5. I realize I can’t stand crass lyrics in these new-age songs as much as casual language in new-age literature. Yes.. I am definitely getting old.
6. I can’t get poetry at all. How many ever times I try, it is just sour grapes.
7. There are days when I cook something ‘nice’ for others in the family, but I just settle down with a plate of rice, a spoon of gingely oil and some avakkai oorkai. Yum. That is my comfort food.
Well.. Now that ‘about me’ is out of the way, here’s a list of bloggers I like to tag –
– Tharani ‘cos we need to know more about you, girl. Heh.
– Bingo’s mom – Warning – you cannot link back some 7 things you already wrote, BM. We want something new!
– Summerscript – ‘cos we’d love to know more about ‘mama ss’!
– VJ ‘cos this is my last attempt at making you bring your blog back from slumber.
– Monkey mind – Wake up wake up MM’s blog!
– Greenboochi – ‘cos we’d simply love to know more about you and your artistic talents.
– Ani from Ani’s Nest – ‘cos we’d like to hear something about ‘you’!
And, anyone else who would want to take this up, please do. I assure you it is fun!