I’ve been staring at the open WordPress page for the last ten minutes unable to type a single letter. Which only meant one thing – Tag time, people. So, this tag is about looking back at 2016 (which I’d avoided doing all this while!) but I’ve got to do what I’ve got to do because blogathon. Crie.
1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before? – Snow tubing.
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next? – I made some resolutions, failed in
most all of them miserably and decided not to make any. Ever.
3. What date from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? – July 16. One number baby brother got married and became big boy and all! (Also these two days (this and this) from the beginning of 2016)
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year? – None. But wait.. I think I have done well in one thing. In the last two months, I’ve tried to reconcile with my past memories from this place and move on with life (although there are a few times it still hits me. Baby steps!)
5. What was your biggest failure? – Not getting my driver’s license.
6. Did you suffer illness? – Nothing major **touchwood**
7. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? – Some people who are quite old but not so wise for their age.
8. Where did most of your money go? – Kalyanatha panni paar nu chumma va sonnanga! 😐
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about? – Our India trip.
10. What song will always remind you of 2016? – Maaya nadhi
11. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? – Same. No change. Now you find out, if I am happier or sadder!
12. What do you wish you’d done more of? – Reading. Writing. Laughing.
13. What do you wish you’d done less of? – Getting angry.
14. Did you fall in love in 2016? – Yes. With Elaneer payasam. Slurrrrpppp.
15. What/Who was your greatest musical discovery? – Santhosh Narayanan. He showed he was not just the BGM man.
16. What did you want and get? – Brother’s wedding.
17. What did you want and not get? – Some semblance of stability in life.
18. What was your favourite film of this year? – Zootopia and Aandavan Kattalai and Kadhalum Kadandhu Pogum and Kabali.
19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? – 32. The husband came in early as a surprise. He came with a handbag as a present and whisked us away to the theater to watch 24. (That there were only 6 people in the theater including the 4 of us is another story altogether.) Fun, it was!
20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? – Staying put in Dallas.
21. What kept you sane? – Kids. Also, constantly looking forward to something.
22. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016. – That I need to stop fretting about things that are not in our control and just move on.
23. Which new places did you visit in 2016? – San Antonio.
24. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I messed up tonight
I lost another fight
I still mess up but I’ll just start again
I keep falling down
I keep on hitting the ground
I always get up now to see what’s next
Birds don’t just fly
They fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong
(That’s Try Everything by Shakira from Zootopia!)